TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Under normal ops no fuel should get out of the injector
People Seeking Info

Subject Under normal ops no fuel should get out of the injector

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on May 09, 2013 at 9:43 PM
  This message has been viewed 225 times.

In Reply To Nothing to do with the breakdown of the insulating material. posted by DVDBURN (MD) on May 09, 2013 at 05:35 PM

Message by passing the spring guide. Then this simply wouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps the o-rings get more deteriorated by the ethanol, causing unnecessary leakage outside the injector body which promoted by electrolysis the terminals corrode and fail, but that's a pretty circuitous failure path to blame on ethanol or positive voltage, no? Especially since I don't know of any other car that has this much trouble with injectors regardless of circumstances.

And if this is the failure mechanism it could easily be prevented by designing in an appropriately tolerant o-ring material or corrosive resistant connections.

But the new style injectors and I've now read Harry's 740s also fail via high resistance. So it seems later designs still have the same failure modes at a reduced failure rate.

We could blame it on the ethanol but with no other cars exhibiting this level of injector trouble I think it's simply a poor design... regardless of the exact failure mechanism.

OverZealous (CT)
My General posts (click)
My Technical posts (click)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.